CONVERT command and Level 7 tables
John Vogrin
2003-10-22 14:36:03 UTC
Hi all:

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct group. Anyway, here is my
situation. I recently converted a table to Level 7. I did this by
doing the following:

1. In the BDE Admin changed to Level 7 tables
2. USE SALE.DBF
3. COPY ALL TO NEWPATH\SALE.DBF WITH PRODUCTION

All was well until we realized that there was no _dbaseLock field, I
had forgotten to run convert. I tried to use convert this morning and
I have gotten the most descriptive error message:
Database Engine Error: Read Failure

For the record I believe I attempted to use CONVERT correctly:

USE SALE.DBF EXCLUSIVE
CONVERT

It attempts to convert, or so I believe. It runs for awhile and
leaves temp files in the directory but I get the error.

Thanks for any help

John
Jeannie